There are many storage units available in Pittsburgh waiting for you to rent them. When locating storage units nearby you want to be sure you are renting safe, climate controlled and affordable space for your household items and personal belongings. Learn more about storage costs and you will pick the best storage unit for your business equipment or household items.
Which factors affect storage costs?
If you are on the hunt for affordable storage units Pittsburgh, you should know which factors affect storage units prices.
- Factor #1 – The location of the storage facility.
Storage costs depend on the location of the storage facility. In case you want to rent a unit in a storage facility near city center you will pay for it more than for storage facility out of town. So, if you want to save some money, consider renting a storage unit out of Pittsburgh downtown.
- Factor #2 – The size of the storage unit
Besides the location, storage units prices depend on the size of the storage unit. Often, smaller units are more affordable than big ones. Before you rent a storage unit, make sure to rent a size that is enough for all your belongings.
- Factor #3 – The location of the storage unit in the facility.
Pittsburgh movers offer you different sizes of storage units and locations of facilities. But, if you want a storage unit on the first floor or with elevator to be ready to pay more for this service.
What fees might you pay for storage units in Pittsburgh?
Besides rent, sometimes you need to pay more fees and additional costs. Other fees and storage costs will happen if you want to use any additional services. Be aware that many extras can change the storage units prices.
You might also pay for:
- Administrative fee – it is for the costs for setting up your storage space and processing paperwork.
- Security deposit – Some storage owners require a deposit before renting
- Insurance – If you want full insurance, you have to pay for it. But, it is worth every penny, your items will be protected in case of losing your stuff or damages from potential floods, fire, insects, vermin, etc.
- Other fees. If you want extra security, dumpster service, etc. you will pay additional storage costs.
Before renting and paying storage costs: find the right type of storage facility in Pittsburgh
Before you sign the contract and pay all fees for your storage unit, make sure to pick the right storage unit for your belongings. So, make a good research on time and pick the storage unit that fits your needs.
How to pick the right size of the storage unit?
The first step is taking measures of your belongings. This is the best way to know which storage unit fits the size and weight of your belongings. It is important to find the space big enough for all your stuff. Also, if you want to save some money, think about smart packing and organizing your storage unit. Using shelves to use height to pack your personal items will reduce your storage costs.
What type of storage unit is the best for you?
There are many types of storage units in Pittsburgh. Pick one that fit your needs, so think about what you need from your storage facility:
- Do you need climate-controlled storage unit?
- Indoor or outdoor units?
- Do you want to move and store valuables and fine art?
- Do you need security, monitoring, and insurance?
- Think about your budget before renting
What is the cost of Pittsburgh storage units?
If you are on the hunt for affordable storage units, you have to know what services are included in storage units prices. Sometimes is a better idea to pay more because you’ll get more services you need. Storage costs in Pittsburgh include maintenance, rent, the insurance cost, property tax, climate control, security, etc.
Long-term self -storage offers
Safety and affordability are benefits of self-storage in Pittsburgh everyone is looking for. You want to be sure your belongings are safe and protected in secure storage unit without spending a fortune. That’s why by using long-term storage units you can save the money. There is a great option for you who need safe storage space for your business equipment. With long-term self –storage you are getting longer-term contracts and payment options. You can get discounts if you choose to store for a long time.
Typical costs for storage facilities in Pittsburgh
Storage units are the monthly service, so you need to pay a rent every month. Like we mentioned, storage units prices depend on the size and other storage specifics like extra security, temperature control, etc. So, it is really important to find the right type of storage unit for the affordable price.
Tips for renting affordable storage units in Pittsburgh
When you are on the hunt for affordable storage units in Pittsburgh, be aware that price depends on the number of spaces or lockers you rent per month. With following tips you will easily find the right type of storage unit for an affordable price:
- If you want to find the right type of storage unit for the affordable price, make sure to know the size and weight of your belongings
- Make sure the insurance is included in the price
- Affordable storage units have basic insurance but don’t hesitate to pay more for the safety of your belongings.
Price vs quality
It can be tempting to choose the cheapest quote when selecting storage unit, but sometimes this is not the best place for your valuable items. Make sure to pick the quality storage unit that meets your specific needs. Think about the balance between the price and quality of storage unit. So, there are few things you should consider:
- Location of storage unit – Center or out the city
- How far are you willing to travel?
- Does your storage unit has an easy access?
- Unit size – do they offer units that meet your requirements?
- Check the security in the facility
- Climate control – do they provide this?
- What is the minimum rental period?
- Do you need to pay an upfront deposit?
So, before you pick the storage unit, it is really important to think about the size you need, security, location, and the most important – your budget. Try to get the best services for decent storage unit prices.