Moving is enough stressful but when you need to move gym equipment it can seem to you like a very difficult task. Moving your gym equipment for the first time it can be a big challenge. Because of the heavy and awkward shape, gym equipment is very difficult to disassemble and move. If you don’t want to risk damages and scratches on your equipment you can always hire local movers Pittsburgh to move your gym equipment.
Before start disassembling: clean and sanitize all gym equipment
The first step you have to do is properly to clean and sanitize all gym equipment before the move. Cleaning your gym equipment will keep all equipment pieces in the best shape after the move. How to clean it?
- Wipe all your yoga mats and accessories. You can use all-purpose cleaner or you can also purchase a yoga cleanser.
- Clean all surfaces on your treadmill, weight machines, and other workout equipment.
- Wash all towels in the washer
How to safely move gym equipment: Tips and tricks
Take a look at all the equipment you want to move. Make a checklist of items and things you need to do before the moving day. Also, before you start disassembling your gym equipment read all manual instructions. If you still don’t know how to do it, then it is the best decision to hire moving services Pittsburgh to help you safely to move gym equipment. Professional help will save you money and energy, and it will reduce the risk of damages.
Tips for moving gym equipment
Start preparing your gym equipment for the move so you remove first large pieces of equipment and break them down into small parts. This will make your move a lot easier – it will be easier to handle all pieces of gym equipment.
- Remove weights from all machines
- When removing all weights, keep them together and label them properly
- Secure all wires with a tape
- Follow the manual instruction
- Keep all of the screws and bolts so you can assemble your equipment
- Label each part of your gym equipment with tape and permanent marker
- For larger and heavier pieces hire a moving company specialized in relocating gym equipment
- Don’t try to lift large and heavy equipment pieces yourself
- Get free cardboard boxes
Moving your hand weights, dumbbells, and barbells
Before you start packing hand weights, dumbbells and barbells make sure that your moving boxes are strong and sturdy. It is really important that all moving boxes can handle the weight of your gym equipment. And don’t try to put many pieces in one box, it is better to use different sizes and many cardboard boxes. If your moving boxes aren’t sturdy enough to hold weights of your equipment, think about getting plastic bins. When you find properly boxes, wrap all pieces of equipment to protect it from the move. You can use your old clothes, blankets, and towels to protect all equipment pieces before you out them into moving boxes.
Moving your stationary bike
If you have a stationary bike, which is popular gym equipment in homes today, make sure to protect before you move it. Moving your stationary bike shouldn’t have to be very difficult to load them into moving truck. We recommend to protect it with a blanket before loading into moving truck. If you have an electric bike, you have to unplug it and to save all cords in safe place. Also, when you are moving your stationary bike make sure to protect your floor – place something underneath the bicycle or you can risk serious scratches. If you want a full protection of the surfaces in your home, then you should use pieces of cardboard, towels or furniture sliders.
Move gym equipment with the professional help
If your equipment is too complicated for disassembling and moving by yourself, the best decision you can make is to hire Pittsburgh movers to help you relocate large pieces of your gym equipment. Professional movers that are specialized in moving gym equipment have skills, equipment, expertise and experience in this type of relocation. Moving company has equipment that is needed for moving your gym equipment, they have a dolly and other different pieces of equipment that can handle your move. Of course, if you are still deciding between DIY move vs hiring Pittsburgh movers, make sure that if you choose to move on your own to have skills, equipment, and help. If you don’t hire professional help than ask your friends, neighbors or family to help you with the moving process. But, be absolutely sure that you can do it by yourself – don’t forget that if you try to do much on your own it can lead to injuries and damages.
Other helpful tips when you move gym equipment
When relocating your gym equipment don’t forget to:
- Take pictures from all angles on your equipment to know how to reassemble quick and easy
- Wear work gloves to protect your hands
- Keep all screws, bolts and other small parts together in a plastic bag, don’t forget to label it and attach it to the equipment
- After reassembly, test each part of gym equipment to make sure that everything is connected correctly