Finding a good moving company for your relocation in Pennsylvania can be tough. First of all, there are a number of long distance moving companies in PA to choose from. Then, you may receive an offer too good to be true. All in all, there are a number of things which make finding moving companies near me a nearly impossible quest. But, we’re going to try and help you pick both reliable and affordable local movers in Pennsylvania for the job. Here’s what you should know before you even start looking…
Do I even need a mover to help me relocate to Pennsylvania?
There is a popular myth among homeowners that moving house on your own is easier and cheaper than hiring a relocation company. So, is this fairytale really true? Before you begin Googling moving companies near me you should know what you want. Hence, here is what you will need to do in order to move house in PA DIY:
- Unless you own a truck, renting one from one of the results of moving companies near me is essential
- Another thing you need for moving house DIY in Pennsylvania are proper packing supplies
- Then, you will need to purge, sort and pack all of your belongings
- When your things are ready you will have to load them into the truck of one of the moving companies near me results, too
- Remember that you will likely need some help with all of the heavy lifting – usually from friends and family. This will mean doubling your usual cooking amount, too.
- Finally, you’ll need to give something to the helpers for their aid. Some of your old things which are in good condition are always a good sentimental present.
We’ll ask you again, should you move DIY or hire a company from Pittsburgh? Let us give you a few more reasons why. You won’t need to bother with picking and renting a truck, simply choose a good relocation company. Your movers will provide packing supplies at an affordable price. If you need a packing and unpacking service, most residential movers in Pennsylvania will offer that, as well. There will be no worrying about workers or their meals. One of the results from moving companies near me will provide workers for a fair price. Of course, we’d always suggest preparing a few sandwiches and bottled water for the men.
So, how should I choose between the results of moving companies near me search?
Picking a good moving company in PA is never easy, as we’ve already said. Hence, start by getting any referrals from your friends or co-workers. If they have moved house recently, they may already have a good company in mind. If not, it’s time to Google moving companies near me and start vetting. You should make a list of a few possible affordable movers in PA for the job and then narrow down the choice. Check their USDOT number online. See if they have proper insurance. Call them in person and ask for a few references. Finally, check out a few reviews online. Then, you should be able to narrow down your choices of affordable PA moving companies considerably.
Are there any questions I should ask the moving company from Pittsburgh before hiring them?
If you’re going to choose reliable movers in Pittsburgh for your safe relocation you will need to ask them more than a few questions. They should be able to answer all of them easily. So, we’ve prepared a few inquiries which should be able to get you all the necessary information. Of course, if you find yourself with a few more questions for the movers, always ask them. Here’s what we suggest you should know:
- What are the terms of the insurance the moving company from PA is offering? Moving insurance in Pennsylvania is a necessity when relocating. It will help you replace anything that has been damaged or lost in transport. It’s essential that you know what this insurance will cover.
- What kind of quote are the Pittsburgh movers giving you? In other words, are they offering an estimate over the phone? Or, will this be an on-site quote? If you want to have a set price of your move, an in-house binding quote will be the best. That way, you will prevent the movers from adding additional charges later on.
- Are there any hidden fees which the Pittsburgh movers aren’t telling you about? If you have stairs, you will be charged for them. In case you live on a higher floor without an elevator, you will likely have to pay an additional charge. Ask the movers upfront about all of these additional fees.
- How many years of experience do these PA movers have? If they have been around for a long time they may be more reliable. Though, be sure that you’re not choosing a moving company because of company size. Smaller relocation specialists will surely make you their priority.
- Are the workers employed by the PA moving specialists temporary hires or casual laborers? How reliable are they?
Finally, how will I know if one of the moving companies near me in PA is ripping me off?
So, telling apart a moving scam in Pennsylvania is a fairly tricky thing. But, it’s essential that you know a bit about the moving industry if you want to tell apart a scam. We’ve got a few tips for you in order to help you notice the red flags of a fraudulent company. First, you need to know about the different estimates and quotes. An estimate or a non-binding quote is the price which your movers believe will be the cost of the services. A binding quote is a pre-written cost of the relocation which lists the whole breakdown of the agreed-upon services. Movers can add expenses to a nonbidning estimate, unlike the latter. A binding quote is a final price. There is also the option of having a guaranteed-not-to-exceed estimate. This price will give you a top cost of your relocation. When you know what you’re agreeing to, you will easily avoid being ripped off by a PA moving company.