Affordable movers Pittsburgh – how to find
Most people tend to misunderstand the difference between affordable and cheap. They might seem the same but are in fact two very different terms. For example, let’s say you decided to relocate to/from Oakland, and are in need of professional Pittsburgh moving services. You would most likely be thinking – I need to find the cheapest movers possible. And that would be a mistake, because you invite potential fraud and inexperience when you hire the cheapest. However, what you need to do is look for affordable movers Pittsburgh has and hire them instead. And here are some tips to help you along that path.
The importance of finding affordable movers Pittsburgh
We’re not saying cheap Pittsburgh moving services are bad, but there may be consequences. Basically, you can opt for hiring the cheapest Pittsburgh movers and call it a day. But you need to consider the potential consequences that you invite by doing so. Moving companies don’t tend to differ that much in price, and when they do, it goes towards two options:
Option 1 – non-affordable and over-the-top quotes
These would be high-end and elite moving companies. They mostly tend to conduct commercial relocations for large office. If they do residential moves, they are oriented towards high class clients that can actually afford them. And if you do have that deep a budget, go for it, but you can save money.
Option 2 – bottom line quotes that can end up costing you more
This is where issues most often occur. People want to save money but instead end up being over-charged or even robbed. In order to undermine the competition and draw attention to them, young and inexperienced movers tend to bid with low estimates. The problem here is that you are dealing with movers with no experience. This can lead to mishandling your belongings and causing damage to your property. And you really do not want that hanging above your head.
Then we have the other, worse scenario. Cheap Pittsburgh moving companies can often be a cover for fraudulent movers. By giving low quotes, they lure customers towards hiring them, only to scam them. And this is not that uncommon unfortunately.
Best option – deciding on affordable movers Pittsburgh has to offer
When you weigh in the possibilities, you are only left with one option. Affordability is somewhat of a golden middle ground for any moving company. Because it means that you found a Pittsburgh moving professional that offers a quote that you can afford. And not only that – a quote that is negotiable and solid. No hidden fees or unexpected relocation charges that could come back to haunt you.
Boost your financial criteria for finding affordable movers Pittsburgh
Looking into local companies in your part of town is all nice and well, but not productive. So if you are coming up short with potential Pittsburgh moving professionals, act on it. You need to find ways of making that list longer:
- Affordable movers Pittsburgh can be found outside Pittsburgh as well. Consider spreading your search range throughout Pittsburgh, as well as neighboring communities. You might find a beneficial difference in prices for relocation services. All in all, it can’t hurt and you won’t lose that much time doing it.
- Expand your relocation budget. Sacrifices need to be made sometimes. You can cut on some regular daily expanses in order to boost your moving budget. And this can lead to hiring a much better and reputable Pittsburgh mover.
- Conduct DIY packing. Reduce you moving expenses and the need for full-service moving by doing some of the work personally. It really isn’t that difficult. If you were to do your own packing and unpacking, there would be no need to pay others for it. Hence, you get the chance to have a more experienced moving company relocate you.
- De-clutter through sales. If you have a load of old things that you no longer use but are still valuable, sell them. You can get some money and level up your definition of “affordable movers Pittsburgh”.
You need to find balance between quality and affordability
Paying for services is never easy. However, imagine standing in your new Oakland home unpacked and thinking – “how hard would this have been if I had done it myself?” We can answer that – much harder than you think.
When you think about it, it’s not about getting the cheapest or most expensive package – it’s about balance. Affordable movers Pittsburgh will confirm to you that it all comes down to a simple fact. If you tend to be smart and practical, you won’t have an issue paying a little extra for guaranteed safety of your belongings.
And you need to know when to give up. If you can’t hire the best possible Pittsburgh mover out there, move on. The next affordable mover on your list might be much better suited for your relocation anyways. But whatever you do, never settle for the first Pittsburgh moving company you see.
Extra discounts you could score with affordable movers Pittsburgh
Even though you are aiming to hire affordable movers in Pittsburgh, there is still no reason to not get extra discounts. This is corporate America after all – competitive prices and offers are how it all works. So here are some tips on getting extra discounts on your Pittsburgh relocation:
- Ask the professional movers if they are currently offering any discounts and what type. Some of them might suite your relocation needs.
- The longer and larger the moving distance, the better discount you can get – consider that.
- Give your mover the choice of date for an additional discount.
- Check if it pays out more for you to only purchase packing material from the mover or to have them do the packing.
- Bargain with the moving company you are contacting. It can’t hurt to try and lower the costs of certain services.
- Don’t hesitate to negotiate for lower estimates as an established and reliable client with frequent mover miles.
- Take out insurance from the movers or a third-party company. That way, if you have missing or broken boxes after the completion of the move, you can contact the mover immediately and get compensated for the possessions you lost.