Preparing all of your belongings for a moving day can be quite stressful if you do it yourself. Before hire furniture movers Pittsburgh, you should know about the furniture moving process. If you have bulky furniture pieces, or they are too heavy for you to lift, professionals are there to help you.
First of all, you should make a moving plan. That implies making the estimate of the moving cost and assessing all the pieces before relocation. Companies who offer furniture moving services usually make an estimate on the spot, when they see your belongings on the spot. After negotiating, you can set the final price of the move. If you plan to hire moving professionals, furniture movers Pennsylvania are there to make your move stress free. Keep reading and find out more about moving your furniture in Pittsburgh.
How to find reliable furniture movers Pittsburgh
Finding reliable movers Pittsburgh is not hard. Asking friends and researching online is the best way to find professional moving help. Keep in mind that you should check for reviews and credentials before you make your decision. When you’re hiring furniture moving Pittsburgh company, you should consider the distance of your move. Also, the price and the insurance policies of the professional moving company you hire are the factors when making your decision. Before you hire professional moving help, you should organize. Make a list of all of your bulky furniture so you can say exactly how many items you have.
Things you can do before your furniture movers Pittsburg arrive
Before your furniture movers arrive, you can prepare your home for a move. You should organize your home so the furniture movers have room to reassemble your furniture if needed. In case you are moving office furniture Pennsylvania from one location to another, organize your working hours before and after the move.
All the other moving boxes shouldn’t be in a way while furniture movers Pittsburg pack your bulky furniture for relocation. Some of many services they offer are professional packing and unpacking of your bulky items. If that is not one of the services you acquired you can pack your furniture yourself. Don’t forget that you will need packing supplies like bubble wrap, tape, soft materials etc.
Prepare Your Furniture for Transport
Clean your furniture before the move. Cleaning the furniture should be the first step in your move. Dusting and polishing wooden surfaces are necessary. If you are moving your bulky furniture into storage, you should keep in mind that the surfaces are not wet or moist. If they are the furniture could be damaged by mold. Cleaning your furniture for transport can help you see any damage there is. Also, you won’t drag unnecessary dust and grime into your new home.
- Take a picture of your belongings. If your belongings are insured you might want to take a picture of all the furniture pieces. This way if any kind of damage during transport happens, you will have proof for the insurance company.
Assess your furniture pieces
- Check the structure of your furniture. Some of the furniture pieces can lose. Make sure to take precautions with those pieces that are less than sturdy. If you already hired furniture moving Pittsburg experts, they will help you dismantle every piece that needs to be taken apart. You can always take drawers out of desks and dressers if need be. In some cases, movers keep them inside and pack them within the desk or a dresser. When they are not you can pack them separately and put some other items inside. That way you will get more space and make your bulky furniture lighter for moving.
- Secure and wrap up your items. Furniture movers Pittsburgh will secure all the bulky furniture for moving. They should disassemble items with moving parts and secure them. Also, they should fix the drawers and secure them for the moving process. Taking off and fastening closer the door knobs, casters and pulls from your furniture is also their professional’s job.
Packing the furniture – how do professionals do it? Furniture moving professionals Pittsburgh should pack your bulky furniture for you. Be aware that you should ask about the quota before hiring furniture movers Pittsburgh. Ask if they bring their own packing materials for the move. You should always know if the packing material is included in the final price. If not, you may have additional costs added to your moving price. Be aware that furniture Movers Pittsburgh will pack your furniture with professional packing materials. Your belonging should be safe and secure.
Things to consider before hiring furniture movers Pittsburgh
- The distance of your move is important. If you are moving long distance, consider that the packing an relocating your furniture is a complex process. Depending on the distance of your move, the moving company will form the final price of their services.
- Consider the full weight of the shipment. This factor is also important when calculating your moving costs. Consider the full weight of your furniture when planning the budget for a move.
- The timeframe of the move also affects the final price. If you own antique furniture, there is a good chance that movers will not take them into parts before a move. On the other hand, if your furniture pieces are too bulky and you need to transport them in pieces, it’s a different thing. That could mean more time for the moving and additional fees for the moving company you hire.
- Consider the number of movers for your relocation. This factor is the most obvious in the process of making the budget for relocating your furniture. Depending on the size of your furniture pieces, a reliable moving company Pennsylvania will need more workers to relocate them.
- The complexity of the move can vary. After the company makes an estimate of the moving process, there might be some additional fees they might include. For example, you might be living in a building with an elevator. If this is the case, moving the furniture can get more complicated and harder on the movers.